- is a software systems designed to support teaching and learning in educational settings.
- VLE will normally work over the internet and provide a collection of tools such as those for assessment, communication uploading of content return of students work, peer assessment, administration, of student groups, collecting and organizing student grades questionnaire.
- VLE are helping to make sure that their learning is not confined to a particular building or restricted to any single location or moment.
- VLE be used to refer to the components in which learners and tutors participitiate in "on line" interaction of various kinds including on line learning
Characteristic of Virtual Learning:
- a physical learning environment generally integrates courses resources, formal communication and informal communication and an administration.
- a virtual learning environment integrates a variety of tools supporting multiple functions information, communication collaboration,learning and management.
- E-learning is a term that encompass all forms of technology enhanced learning (TEL)
- The term e-learning is ambiguous to those outside the e-learning industry and even within its diverse discipline it has a different meanings to different people.